Built in 1928, the Falls Stamping and Welding building is a one-story production shed or mill type building, with an open rectangular plan. A double-height central bay, lined with clerestory windows, houses a traveling crane formerly used to move heavy materials along the assembly line and load product onto trucks. The property retains significant historical integrity as one of the last industrial buildings that remains along the Cuyahoga River.
Facilitating its listing in the National Register, Perspectus prepared Falls Stamping and Welding for compliance with federal rehabilitation and state historic tax credit requirements. This award-winning project is a collaborative effort of Perspectus and David Pelligra & Architects.
The building’s steel frame allows for a large, column-free interior space and expanses of glass curtainwall to illuminate the workplace. Through adaptive use of this early 20th century structure, TRIAD advertising found a home that reflects the city’s industrial origins.